Welcome to the Borough of Demarest, New Jersey
  Home Send a message to the Borough of Demarest
Welcome to the Borough of Demarest, New Jersey
A Message From The Mayor
click here
Fire Department
Fire drills are held fourth Tuesday of each month.

(201) 768-0338 (Fire House)

Position Name
ChiefJohn McLoughlin
Assistant ChiefRich Motta Jr.
CaptainMichael Morrison
1st LieutenantRobert Russenberg
2nd LieutenantCarl Pavlik
Fire OfficialAlan Silverman
The Borough of Demarest, NJ: Fire Department Demarest Volunteer Fire Association
Meetings held second Tuesday of each month.

(201) 768-0338

Position Name
PresidentJeff Bellusci
Vice PresidentKevin Kautzmann
SecretaryStephanie Ceccon
TreasurerCarl Pavlik
Assistant TreasurerMatthew Carey
The Borough of Demarest, NJ: Fire Department
The Borough of Demarest, NJ: Fire Department Volunteers
The department is always looking for volunteers. The work can be hard, and often dangerous, and there is no pay. Our pay is the good feeling we have after helping a resident in time of need. Call us at (201) 768-0338.

The Borough of Demarest, NJ: Fire Department Fire Safety Tips
The leading cause of residential fires is cooking. Please remember to turn off ovens and stoves if your are going out. When cooking, keep a close watch. Food can burn or catch fire very quickly. The 2 minute visit next door or across the street to talk to a neighbor could lead to a disaster!

Also be careful when using microwave ovens. Read the instructions. Some items can cause sparking and/or fire. Be careful.

Check all smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms monthly.

Fire killed almost 3,900 people in 2004, 82% died in home fires.

Getting ready for the heating season? Have a qualified professional check your furnace or boiler for proper operation. A few dollars spent now could save you thousands later if you have a fire due to a faulty heating system!

If you hear your smoke or fire alarm, smell something burning or sense a problem, don t wait, CALL 911 right away. Let us check it. If there is a problem, seconds count, so the sooner we arrive to investigate the cause, the safer it is for all.

Chimney and Flue Checks:
Have a professional check your system to prevent possible carbon monoxide back-up. Damaged or clogged chimneys are a major cause of fire and CO poisoning.

Crock Pots and Space Heaters:
They can be dangerous. Check the units by letting it run for about 15 minutes. If the power cord feels very warm to the touch, the unit is probably un-safe.

Power Cords:
Frayed, hidden or overloaded extension cords are dangerous. Check for fraying or cuts at least annually. Don't run cords under carpeting. If you have to use one outlet for several devices use an approved power strip with built-in-fuse.

Old fuse panels:
Many older homes (built prior to the 60's) may have fuse boxes with screw-in fuses and not modern circuit breakers. In addition, many older homes have inadequate electric service. Overloaded circuits cause fires! Have an electrician check your service panel and advise you if an upgrade is needed.

Other Notes:
Please yield to Emergency Responders. When you see a vehicle with flashing blue lights, please slow down and allow the vehicle to pass you.